Taste of Chesapeake
Each year at Homearama, Hampton Roads Magazine has the pleasure of working with the Tidewater Builders Association to coordinate the Taste Of event. This year, the Taste of Chesapeake took place on Monday, June 25, and included delectable offerings from:
- Terebinth Patisserie & Bistro - Lemon honey chicken salad on Parmesan tuiles with fresh fruit crostini.
- A.J. Gator's Sports Bar & Grill - She-crab soup, stufed shrimp and orange crushes.
- Now You're Cooking! - Grilled peach and blueberry salad with peach vinaigrette and cotton candy pink lemonade.
- Cotton Southern Bistro - Cajun pasta.
- The Cutting Edge Cafe - Steamed pulled pork buns.
- Passion The Restaurant - Slow-brasied pork tenderloin with alligator sausage stuffing.
- Carolina Cupcakery - Gourmet mini cupcakes in patriotic flavors.
Additionally, the Hampton Roads Magazine Home, featuring the multi-award winning "Little Big House" by Stephen Alexander Homes, hosted Chef Chrill Hill of The Bachelor Kitchen for a delicious happy hour and cocktail demonstration with hors d’oeuvres.
Though the storm did hit Culpepper Landing on Monday night, those who attended were lucky to seek shelter in any of the Homearama homes as critics and and average food lovers alike were met by friendly and talented local chefs and delicious sampling dishes.
In the end, Terebinth Patisserie & Bistro took the Critics' Choice Award, which was determined by a contingent of local food experts, led by HRM publisher Randy Thompson.
The People's Choice Award, determined by voting ballots distributed to guests and tallied at the end of the event, went to A.J. Gator's.
Check out the photo gallery below to view a behind-the-scenes look at our home and our staff at the event!
Top right: Hampton Roads Magazine publisher Randy Thompson, left, and special events coordinator Pam Hopkins present the Homearama Taste of Chesapeake People’s Choice Award to A.J. Gators for their she-crab soup and stuffed shrimp. Accepting are Manager Chris McGrath, his wife, Ashley McGrath, and Mason Barrows.
Bottom left: Hampton Roads Magazine publisher Randy Thompson, second from left, and special events coordinator Pam Hopkins, second from right, present the Homearama Taste of Chesapeake Critic’s Choice Award to Terebinth Patisserie & Bistro, represented by, from left, chef Louise Jackson, chef Kim Stack and owner and executive chef Kisha Frazier.