12 Volunteer Mentorship Programs in Hampton Roads
Looking to get involved with a local mentorship program to inspire the educational future of kids in Hampton Roads? Here are 12 organizations where you can get involved and make a positive difference.
- United for Children: Drive educational success for poor children as a way out of poverty. (Learn more here)
- Communities in Schools: Help support students’ educational development through one-on-one mentoring or group mentoring.
- Wesley Memorial Club Sandwich: Provide tutoring and enrichment opportunities for children ages 7–14 in Norfolk’s Wards Corner neighborhood.
- ForKids: Help tutor homeless children and adults to assist in ForKids’ mission of breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty.
- More2Give: Help improve childhood literacy in Coastal Virginia through Ready Set Read, which provides reading programs to children ages 4–12.
- Youth Outreach Urban Resources & Services (YOURS): Provide mentoring and tutoring for at-risk middle and high school teenagers.
- Junior Achievement of Greater Hampton Roads: Teach children from elementary through high school real-world lessons about managing money and thinking entrepreneurially to prepare for the workforce.
- SOAR Education, Inc.: Tutor children at Lindenwood Elementary School in reading and/or math to help students pass the SOL tests.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Services: Be a mentor and a role model to a military-affiliated child in the community.
- The Up Center Team Up Mentoring: Serve as a role model and trusted friend to a child in need of a relationship with a caring adult.
- Virginia Beach READS: Help a struggling reader gain the skills needed to succeed throughout their school years.
- Life Enrichment Center: Provide educational, cultural, social and spiritual enrichment to children, youth and adults in underserved communities throughout Hampton Roads. (Learn more here)
Interested in more volunteer opportunities in Hampton Roads? Check out the most recent winners of our annual Giving Back Awards here.