Your Day, Your Way: Create a Wedding Website (Part 2)
In addition to Wedding JoJo and My Wedding, here are two more popular options to consider when creating a wedding website.
Price: There are three packages: Platinum ($14.95/month), Gold ($9.95/month), Silver ($4.95/month), or you can create a limited website for free.
Pros: In addition to all the bonus features, the Platinum plan also includes a keepsake CD or download of your wedding website so you can save it as a memory of your engagement.
Cons: The free website option has limited file and photo storage, and expires after one year.
- RSVP Management allows your guests to RSVP; optional password
- Upload photos and create photo albums; edit and manage pictures online
- Upload videos and songs
- Upload documents for your guests, such as maps or itineraries, in a variety of formats
- Put polls and quizzes on your page for your family and friends
- Allow guests to join your mailing list to stay up-to-date on wedding news
- Set your own custom domain name
- Put a password on the whole site or individual pages
- Post the events of the weekend with photos, links to the venues’ websites and a map
Price: The Premium Website plan is $60 a year ($29.99 for TheKnot.com members) or there is a free website option.
Pros: The Premium plan offers more than 30 templates that can be customized with colors and pages, as well as bonus wedding planning tools.
Cons: Must be a member of TheKnot.com to take advantage of the free website and Premium plan.
- Personal web address on TheKnot.com or custom domain (depending on plan)
- Unique new designs and templates
- Links to your gift registry
- Option to order matching Save-the-Dates
- Customizable pages to tell your story
- Multiple photo uploads
- Music and video uploads for Premium members
- Wedding planning tools
Now that you know what options are available, have fun customizing a wedding website to look exactly the way you want it. Your out-of-town guests will appreciate the information about the wedding events and your family and friends will enjoy reading your story, seeing your photos, and knowing what to expect.