Your Day, Your Way: Create a Wedding Website (Part 1)
Whether your wedding is in a church, another country or in your own backyard, there are many reasons why brides and grooms choose to have a wedding website. It’s a great way to get a lot of information to your guests, such as event addresses, local attractions and details about your wedding party, without spending extra money to include it in your printed invitations.
There are many online resources for creating a wedding website, whether you want to invest money to create a custom site or use one of the free websites available. In this two part blog, I’m going to compare the four most popular wedding websites out there: Wedding JoJo, MyWedding, eWeddings and The Knot.
Price: PRO Version ($14.99/month) or free version available
Pros: The PRO version gives you access to all the features listed below. Additional features include unlimited photo storage, your own blog, a free planning kit and unlimited support.
Cons: The free version has limited file storage, limited photo storage, limited theme options and a Wedding JoJo domain.
- 8 different themes that are color customizable
- Space to share photos with guests, as well as organize them into different albums
- Provide directions, notes and one-click map directions for the weekend’s events
- Custom name domain
- Invite guests to RSVP for various events through the website
- Allow wedding attendees and site visitors to post comments in your online guestbook
- Post travel and hotel information for out-of-town guests
- Fill out the easy question and answer section to provide information about you
- Use a password to make sure the right people have the right access to your site
- Provide links directly to your registries
Pros: Lots of free themes to choose and pages to customize.
Cons: Must use the MyWedding domain and no option for password-protected privacy.
- Complete free wedding website
- Lots of themes to choose from, including designer templates
- Ability to share a personal music playlist or have guests suggest songs on the music page
- Upload an unlimited amount of photos
- Keep an online guestbook and provide contact information for guests to message you privately
- Personal wedding blog
- Manage multiple guest lists for all your events from your website
- Share your story on the “Our Story” page
- Fill out the Wedding Party page with photos and details
- Share accommodations and attractions for out-of-town guests
- Provide directions and information for the weekend’s events
- Customize and rearrange pages to create the wedding website you want
- Send announcements or event save-the-date notices by importing your address book from an email service
Stay tuned for the next post that will compare two more wedding websites!