Spiced Rum Apples
There are three things we absolutely cannot live without during fall: pumpkins, apples and spiced rum. The fact that we were able to find a recipe that includes all three of these warm autumn wonders makes us want to jump in a big ole pile of leaves. Imagine cutting into a piping hot apple that’s topped with buttery, sugary oatmeal to find a boozy, spicy pumpkin butter center. Top this with a cool dollop of whipped cream and enjoy for Sunday brunch or dessert.
2 teaspoons pumpkin butter (We used Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter)
¼ cup spiced rum (We used Sailor Jerry’s)
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup flour
½ cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Use a knife to core the tops of each apple, removing the core and seeds.
3. Divide pumpkin butter and rum equally between each apple, pouring inside the hallowed out core.
4. Mash butter, oats, flour and brown sugar into a paste, and divide into four equal balls.
5. Press the oat mixture onto the top of each apple.
6. Place on a baking sheet and cook until the crumble is crisp and the apples are soft, about 30 minutes.
7. Serve hot and topped with whipped cream.
Recipe inspired by Yummly.